百年教学网欢迎您!
| | | | | | | |
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
In&my&living&room,&there&is&a&plaque(匾)&…阅读理解及答案
&&&热&&&&&★★★★
In&my&living&room,&there&is&a&plaque(匾)&…阅读理解及答案
文章来源:
更新时间: 17:29:48
(2013年高考湖南卷)BIn my living room, there is a plaque(匾) that advises me to “Bloom(开花) where you are planted.” It reminds me of Dorothy. I got to know Dorothy in the early 1980s,when I was teaching Early Childhood Development through a program with Union College in Barbourville, Kentucky. The job responsibilities required occasional visits to the classroom of each teacher in the program. Dorothy stands out in my memory as one who “bloomed” in her remote area.Dorothy taught in a school in Harlan County, Kentucky, Appalachian Mountain area. To get to her school from the town of Harlan, I followed a road winding around the mountain. In the eight&mile journey, I crossed the same railroad track five times, giving the possibility of getting caught by the same train five times. Rather than feeling excited by this drive through the mountains, I found it depressing. The poverty level was shocking and the small shabby houses gave me the greatest feeling of hopelessness.From the moment of my arrival at the little school, all gloom(忧郁) disappeared. Upon arriving at Dorothy's classroom, I was greeted with smiling faces and treated like a queen. The children had been prepared to show me their latest projects. Dorothy told me with& a big smile that they were serving poke greens salad and cornbread for “dinner” (lunch). In case you don't know, poke greens are a weed&type plant that grows wild, especially on poor ground.Dorothy never ran out of reports of exciting activities of her students. Her enthusiasm never cooled down. When it came time to sit for the testing and interviewing required to receive her Child Development Associate Certification, Dorothy was ready. She came to the assessment and passed in all areas. Afterward, she invited me to the one&and&only steak house in the area to celebrate her victory, as if she had received her Ph.D. degree. After the meal, she placed a little box containing an old pen in my hand. She said it was a family heirloom (传家宝), but to me it is a treasured symbol of appreciation and pride that cannot be matched with things.61.“Early Childhood Development” in Paragraph I refers to ________.A.a program directed by DorothyB.a course given by the authorC.an activity held by the studen tsD.an organization sponsored by Union College62.In the journey, the author was most disappointed at seeing ________.A.the long track& B.the poor housesC.the same train& D.the winding road63.Upon arriving at the classroom, the author was cheered up by ________.A.a warm welcome& B.the sight of poke greensC.Dorothy's latest projects& D.a big dinner made for her64.Wha t can we know about Dorothy from the last paragraph?A.She was invited to a celebration at a restaurant.B.She got a pen as a gift from the author.C.She passed the required assessment.D.She received her Ph.D. degree.65.What does the author mainly intend to tell us?A.Whatever you do, you must do it carefully.B.Whoever you are, you deserve equal treatmentC.However poor you are, you have the right to education.D.Wherever you are, you can accomplish your achievement.【语篇解读】本文是一篇记叙文,通过作者对一块匾引起了回忆。想起了当年在一个穷困的山村里的一个课程,印象最为深刻的是Dorothy。在叙述过程中写出了作者由之前看到低矮破旧的房子产生的沮丧心情,到后来受到了学生的热烈欢迎及学生的表现而心理产生了变化。段落&关键词、句&大意推测第一部分(Para. 1)&It reminds me of…occasional visits to the classroom…in my memory…&睹物思人,看到匾,想到了Dorothy,进行回忆。第二部分(Para.2)&...the same track five times...rather than feeling excited...,I found it depressing.&去山村学校路上带来的一些麻烦,以及低矮破旧的房子产生了沮丧之情。第三部分(Para.3)&I was greeted with...and treated like a queen. ...serving poke greens salad and cornbread...&到校后收到了学生的热烈欢迎。第四部分(Para.4)&…enthusiasm never cooled down …to celebrate her victory…a treasure symbol of …&Dorothy的出色表现,以及我对他的评价.【解析】61.B。事实细节题。难度:中等。文章第一段中提到:I was teaching “Early Childhood Development” through a program,可知Early Childhood Development是作者教的一门课程。干扰项排除: A 选项出现了program,容易误导学生选择,但后面给的是Dorothy,而这是作者的记忆深刻的人;C选项明显错误;D选项提到了Union College,但说的是由Union College赞助的一个组织,而这是错误信息。62.B。推理判断题。难度:较易。文章第二段“the small shabby house house gave me the greatest feeling of hopelessness.”,题干是作者看到了什么而感到非常失望,所以答案选择B。干扰项排除:A选项是the long track, C选项的the same train 及D选项的the winding road ,这三个选项都是作者在去这个学校途中的几件事,作者用了“3而不是让作者失望的事。63.A。推理判断题。难度:较易。文章第三段& I was greeted with.smiling faces and treated like a queen可知作者受到了热烈欢迎。干扰项排除:B选项poke greens salad,是Dorothy 告诉作者他们正在做,作者没有看到。C选项没有提及。D选项这顿饭并不是为她做的,是学生们were preparing … for dinner.64. C。推理判断题。难度:中等。’ &she come to the assessment and passed in all areas.可知答案选择C。干扰项排除:A 选项Dorothy邀请作者去“steak house”来庆祝她的成功,而选项给的是restaurant,故错误。B选项文中提到的是Dorothy 给作者一支钢笔,而不是Dorothy 得到了一支钢笔。D选项说Dorothy 获得博士学位,而文中的信息是用了虚拟语气,“as if she had received her Ph. D. degree.”65.D。推理判断题。难度:中等。文章开篇明义,开头部分: in my living room, there is a plaque that advises me to “bloom where you are planted”,指出,无论在哪都能实现自己的成就。因此,答案选择D。【难句学习】It reminds me of Dorothy.翻译:这让我想起Dorothy。分析:remind sb of sth.让某人想起某物。还可以用: remind sb that……2. Dorothy stands out in my memory as one who “bloomed” in her remote area.翻译:在我的记忆里,Dorothy作为一位在她自己偏远地区“开着花的”人而印象尤为脱出。分析:stand out ,动词短语,突出,杰出。Who 引导了定语从句,修饰先行词one。bloom在此处用了比喻的说法,bloom in her remote area,是指哪怕在偏远地方也照样开着花,也就是在哪都会获得成就。3.Rather than feeling excited by this drive through the mountains, I found it depressing.翻译:我没有感到驱车过大山时的兴奋,相反,我感到很沮丧。分析: rather than… “没有、而不是” 。I found it depressing,本句用了动宾补结构, it 这里指前文的drive through the mountains, depressing,这里是令人沮丧的。4. She invited me to the one Cand- only steak house in the area to celebrate her victory, as if she had received her Ph.D. degree.翻译:她邀请我去本地区唯一一家牛排店来庆祝她的胜利,好像是她拿到了博士学位似的。分析:as if 此处引导了虚拟语气,与过去事实相反,用了过去完成时。
文章录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一篇文章: 下一篇文章:
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)急急急。。。谁有英语句子 能帮着解决的给分、这个额、要求比较苛刻、可我也没办法,老师滴要求。。。。。_百度知道新人教版八年级英语Unit4 Could you please clean your room_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
新人教版八年级英语Unit4 Could you please clean your room
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩5页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢

我要回帖