按默认排序
其他1条回答
韩国是周四播,土豆大概周日会出中字
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see .
Lonnie Rashid Lynn (born March 13, 1972), better known by his stage name Common (formerly Common Sense), is an American
recording artist and actor from , . Common debuted in 1992 with the album
and maintained a significant
following into the late 1990s, after which he gained notable mainstream success through his work with the . In 2011, Common launched Think Common Entertainment, his own record label imprint, and, in the past, has released music under various other labels such as ,
and , among others. (G.O.A.T.)
Common's first
album, , received widespread critical acclaim and tremendous commercial success. His first
was in 2003, winning
for "", with . Its popularity was matched by May 2005's , which was nominated for , at the . Common was awarded his second Grammy for , for "Southside" (featuring Kanye West), from his July 2007 album . His best-of album, , was released on November 27, 2007.
Common won the 2015 , and the 2015 , for his song "" from the 2014 film , in which he co-starred as
Common's acting career also includes starring significant roles in the films , , , , , , , , and . He also narrated the award-winning documentary , about one man's efforts to improve the lives of children in
through hip-hop/b-boy culture. He starred as Elam Ferguson on the
television series .
Common was born in the
of , . He was raised in the
neighborhood. He is the son of an educator Dr. Mahalia Ann Hines and former
basketball player turned youth counselor . They divorced when he was six years old, resulting in his father's moving to , Colorado. This left Common to be raised by his mother, but his father remained active in his life and landed Lonnie Jr. a job with the
during his teens. While a student at
in Chicago, Lynn with his childhood friends, record producer , and Corey Crawley formed C.D.R. a rap
that opened for acts that included
Common attended
for two years under a scholarship and majored in . After being featured in the
magazine, Lynn debuted in 1992 with the single "", followed by the album , under stage name Common Sense.
With the 1994 release of , Common achieved a much larger degree of critical acclaim, which extended beyond Chicago natives. The album sold relatively well and received a strong positive reaction among
fans at the time. Resurrection was Common's last album produced almost entirely by his long-time production partner, , who was also the then-mentor of a young .
In 1996, Common appeared on the 's compilation CD, , alongside , , and , among many other prominent hip hop artists. The CD, meant to raise awareness of the AIDS epidemic among African American men, was heralded as "a masterpiece" by
magazine. He would later also contribute to the 's
tribute album,
in 2002. He collaborated with
on a remake of Kuti's track, "Years of Tears and Sorrow".
Common performing with , 1999
The song "" from Resurrection ignited a
. The lyrics of the song criticized the path hip hop music was taking and was interpreted by some as directing blame towards the popularity of West Coast . Westside Connection first responded with the 1995 song "Westside Slaughterhouse," with the lyrics "Used to love H.E.R. mad cause I fucked her". Westside Connection recorded tracks venting their issues with rival East Coast rappers (see ). "Westside Slaughterhouse" also mentioned Common by name, prompting the rapper to respond with the scathing -produced attack song "". Common and Westside Connection continued to insult each other back and forth before finally meeting with
and setting aside their dispute. Following the popularity of Resurrection, Common Sense was sued by an -based
band with the , and was forced to shorten his moniker to simply Common.
Initially scheduled for an October 1996 release, Common finally released his third album, , in September 1997. The album took a total of two years to complete and included collaborations with artists such as , , , , , , and
– a future fellow member of the
outfit. The album, which made a point of eschewing any gangsterism (in response to questions about his musical integrity), was critically acclaimed and led to a
contract with . In addition to releasing One Day, Common's first child, daughter Omoye Assata Lynn, was born shortly after the release of the album.
As documented by hip hop journalist Raquel Cepeda, in the liner notes for the album, this event had a profound spiritual and mental effect on Common and enabled him to grow musically while becoming more responsible as an artist. She writes:
Rashid found out that he was going to become a daddy in about 8 months. Stunned and confused, Rashid had life altering decisions to make with his girlfriend, Kim Jones. The situation led to the composition of his favourite cut on One Day... that offers a male slant on abortion. "", produced by
(who was due on the same day as Rashid's girlfriend), is the song that is the driving force behind the project. Rashid listens to "" today at the mastering session geeked, as if it were for the first time. He tells me as we listen to L-Boogie wail the chorus, "when I listen to the song now, I think about how precious her (Omoye's) life is".
Common addresses family ethics several times on One Day..., and the album sleeve is decorated with old family photos, illustrating the rapper's childhood, as well a quote from , which summarizes the path to manhood:
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Common (2003) in New York City
Following One Day..., Common signed a major label record deal with
and relocated from Chicago to New York City in 1999. He began recording almost exclusively with a loose collective of musicians and artists (dubbed the "" by central figure ) throughout 1999, and made a few sporadic guest appearances on ' , and the
compilation, .
In 2000, his fourth album, , was released to mass critical acclaim.
by Questlove and featuring significant contributions by , (who helmed many tracks except – "Cold Blooded", "Geto Heaven Part II", "A Song For Assata", "Pop's Rap Part 3...All My Children" & the -produced track ""), Like Water for Chocolate transpired to be a considerable commercial breakthrough for Common, earning the rapper his first
record, and greatly expanding his fanbase among critics and listeners alike.
With both artists hailing from the
of the United States (Chicago and Detroit, respectively), Common and
established their chemistry early on. Both became members of the
collective, and collaborated on numerous projects together, even placing one song, "Thelonius", on both the
album , and Common's . As Dilla's health began to decline from the effects of , he relocated to Los Angeles, and asked Common to make the move with him as a roommate (Dilla would later lose his battle with the rare disease).
This album saw Common exploring themes (musically and lyrically), which were uncommon for a Hip hop record, as he does on the song "Time Travelin' (A Tribute To Fela)"; a homage to
music legend, and political activist . The most popular single from the album "" was nominated for a .
In 2002, Common released his fifth album, . The album was highly anticipated and praised by many critics for its ambitious vision. However, it was not as commercially successful as his previous album, Like Water for Chocolate, selling under 300,000 copies. An eclectic album, Electric Circus featured fusions of several genres such as hip hop, pop, rock, electronic, and neo soul. The album's style tend some praised its ambitious vision while others criticized it for the same reason. Most of the criticism tended to revolve around the album's some felt Common had strayed too far from his previous sound. This was Common's second and last album for MCA, and the label's final release prior to its absorption into Geffen Records.
Sorry, your browser either has JavaScript disabled or does not have any supported player.
to play the clip in your browser.
From the album Be
Problems playing this file? See .
In early 2004, Common made an appearance on fellow Chicagoan Kanye West's multi-platinum debut album,
(on the song "Get Em High"), and announced his signing to West's then-newfound label . West had been a longtime fan of Common and the two even participated in a friendly on-air MC battle, where West took jabs at his lyrical idol for "going soft" and wearing crochet pants (as he does for his appearance in the video for the
song ""). The pair worked together on Common's next album, , almost entirely produced by Kanye West, with some help from Common's longtime collaborator the late
(J Dilla) – also a favorite of West. The album was released in May 2005, and performed very well, boosted by Kanye's involvement and the singles "", and "".
earned Common the second gold record of his career, with sales topping out at around 800,000 copies.
magazine gave it a near perfect 4.5 mic rating,
magazine gave it their highest rating of "XXL", and AllHipHop gave the album 4 stars. The album was also nominated for four Grammy Awards in 2006.
Following the release of
in 2005, several mixed-race artists from the UK hip-hop scene took exception to Common's comments about interracial relationships on the song "Real People." ,
and Rising Son recorded a track over an instrumental version of "The Corner" named "Dear Common (The Corner Dub)." Common states that he has heard of the track but never actually taken the time to listen to it, and has not retaliated in song.
Performing at Store Vega, , Denmark in December 2007.
Common's seventh LP titled
was released on July 31, 2007. For this album, he continued his work with , as well as other producers such as , , , and , as well as the only -produced track, "So Far To Go". The album features guest spots from artists such as , , , and UK pop starlet . The first single from the album was "" b/w "". West predicted that Finding Forever would win the 2008 Grammy Award for Best Rap Album. The album was nominated for Best Rap Album, but did not win, losing to West's Graduation; however, Common did win his second Grammy for "Southside," which won the 2008 Grammy for Best Rap Performance by Duo or Group. On July 31, 2007, Common performed a free concert in Santa Monica, California on the 3rd Street Promenade to promote the release of Finding Forever. Common explained to the audience that the title "Finding Forever" represented his quest to find an eternal place in hip-hop and also his wishes to be an artist for the rest of his life. The album debuted at #1 on the national
In an August 2007 interview with XXL, rapper
of the group
stated that he and Common were forming a group called The Standard. While the two were meant to hit the studio to record a Q-Tip-produced album, possibly with contributions from Kanye West, Common put out
instead and has already planned a next album, The Dreamer, The Believer, for late 2011.
Common at 2009
on January 20, 2009
Common was instrumental in bridging the trans-Atlantic gap by signing UK's Mr Wong and J2K to Kanye West's Getting Out Our Dreams recording outfit. Common met the pair during his tour in the UK earlier on in the year. It is speculated that the deal is not only to bring the UK and US hip hop genres together but that to rival Syco Music's cross-Atlantic success with Leona Lewis. He also has a deal with Zune mp3 players. In 2008 Common made an estimated 12 million dollars, making him equal in earnings to
and , tied for the 13th highest grossing Hip-Hop artist.[]
The eighth album from Chicago hip-hop artist Common was originally scheduled to be released on June 24, 2008 under the name Invincible Summer, but he announced at a
concert that he would change it to . The release date was pushed back to September 30, 2008 due to Common filming . The release date was set for November 11, 2008, however it was once again pushed back to December 9, 2008.
The album's
"", was officially released on July 1, 2008, via the US iTunes Store as part of The Announcement EP (sold as Universal Mind Control EP in the UK). The song features Pharrell, who also produced the track. The Announcement EP included an additional track titled "Announcement", also featuring Pharrell. The video for the lead single was filmed in September by director Hype Williams. In 2009, Common was prominently featured throughout his GOOD Music label-mate 's debut album , as a narrator and featured artist. In late 2009, it was revealed Common was nominated for two
at the , including
for "", alongside Kid Cudi and Kanye West, as well as
for Universal Mind Control.
American producer , stated that he and
will be producing Common's next album The Dreamer/The Believer, due sometime in 2011. In July 2011, it was announced that No I.D. will be the album's sole producer. Common made an appearance on ' most recent album,
as a guest rapper for the group's new song, "Don't Charge Me for the Crime."
On July 6, 2011, Common released his first single, titled "", from his next album. A second single,"", was released on October 4, 2011. On December 20, 2011, Common released his ninth solo album titled . Although he left GOOD Music in 2011, Common was featured on the label's first compilation album, 2012's . Common released a song entitled "Sweet", from The Dreamer/The Believer, which included lyrics critical of rappers who sing, although this criticism was not aimed specifically at Canadian recording artist . Drake took offense and responded by releasing "", a song with
and . Common fans only had to wait two-and-a-half days for him to respond to Drake's . On February 13, 2012, Common commented on the feud by saying "It's over. But it was all in the art of hip hop. He said some things to me so I had to say some things back...I wouldn't say [he started it] but I know I heard something that I felt was directed to me so I addressed it. That's all. But you know, thank God we were able to move forward from it and all is good."
After a quiet 2012, Common announced he would release an
(EP) in January 2013, and his first
in April. In February 2013, Common announced his tenth solo studio album would be released in September 2013 and will feature
and production from Kanye West and . Later on September 8, 2013, he gave an update to his projects saying the previously announced EP would be released soon, and would feature a song with new Def Jam signee . He also told HipHopDX, his tenth solo studio album would be released in early 2014.
On January 6, 2014, Common announced his tenth studio album to be titled
and would be produced entirely by longtime collaborator No I.D.. The album, which Common revealed was originally going to be an EP, is set to feature ,
and "some new artists from Chicago." The concept of the album was inspired by his troubled hometown of Chicago: "We came up with this concept 'nobody's smiling.' It was really a thought that came about because of all the violence in Chicago," he says. "It happens in Chicago, but it's happening around the world in many ways." He continues, "We was talking about the conditions of what's happening, when I say 'nobody's smiling.' But it's really a call to action." On June 4, 2014, it was announced Common signed a recording contract with
and No I.D.'s Artium Records. It was also announced Nobody's Smiling would be released July 22, 2014.
In 2003, Common appeared on the American
sitcom . In the episode "Take This Poem and Call Me in the Morning", he appeared as Omar, a
who competes with fellow poet Sivad (played by ) for the affection of Lynn Searcy (played by ). He also had a cameo appearance on an episode of UPN's , where he played a drama class instructor named Darius. He also made an appearance on the ABC show . In 2007, Common appeared with , , and
in the crime film , making his big screen debut as villainous
Sir Ivy. He appeared alongside , ,
in the 2007 crime thriller . On January 20, 2007, one week before the opening of Smokin Aces, he appeared in a
sketch as himself. The show's host was Piven, his Aces co-star.
In 2007 Common played the role of Smokin' Aces co-star 's boyfriend in the music video "".
In 2008, he starred in the film adaptation of the comic book
and . Common also appeared in the movie
with , , , and . Common also starred in the 2010 movie
as a basketball player who falls in love with his trainer . He appeared in the 2009 film
as 's lieutenant Barnes. He starred as a corrupt cop in the 2010 comedy
and . He was part of the
of AMC's , as one of the lead characters, Elam Ferguson, a recently freed slave trying to find his place in the world. In the 2014 film , for which he also co-wrote the Oscar-winning song "Glory", Common co-starred as 1960s civil rights leader .
In April 2015, it was revealed that Common had been cast in the upcoming David Ayer-helmed DC Entertainment/Warner Bros. super-villain action film, , though what role he would play had not been revealed.
In 2006, Common was a model for photos of
fall season collection, appearing on posters in stores. Later that year, he performed in The Gap's "Holiday in Your Hood" themed Peace Love Gap. In February 2007, Common signed a deal with New Era to promote their new line of Layers fitted caps. Common also stars in a television commercial for the 2008 Lincoln Navigator. He appears in NBA 2K8 in NBA Blacktop mode. In the fall of 2008, Common appeared in an ad for Microsoft's , comparing his new song, "", to "", a song from hip hop pioneer . Also, he featured in the
campaign for a new fragrance called "Only The Brave". His song "Be (intro)" is featured in a commercial for
as of January 2011.
In December 2008, Common launched a new clothing line in partnership with Microsoft titled "Softwear", based on 1980s computing.
Common was invited by First Lady
to appear at a poetry reading on May 11, 2011 at the . This caused furor with the
and their union, who disagreed with his lyrical content. The president of the New Jersey State Troopers Fraternal Association voiced concern to the White House. They cite the song "A Song For Assata" about a member of the
and step-aunt of deceased rapper
named , previously known as Joanne Chesimard, who was convicted in 1977 of the first degree murder of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster.
Common and his mother, Dr Mahalia Ann Hines, at a September 13, 2011, signing for his memoir at the
in , Manhattan
At another poetry reading, Common said, "flyers say 'free Mumia' on my freezer", a reference to , who was controversially convicted of killing Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner in 1981. Common stated, "The one thing that shouldn't be questioned is my support for the police officers and troops that protect us every day."
at the time, spoke for President Obama on the matter by saying the president does not support, but actually opposes, some of the kind of words and lyrics that have been written by Common and others. Even though the president does not support the lyrics in question, he believed that some reports were distorting what Mr. Lynn stands for more broadly. Common gave a single line response to the entire controversy: "I guess Sarah Palin and Fox News doesn't like me."
of Comedy Central's
questioned Fox News' coverage of the controversy, saying that they "took the time to ignore Common's entire body of work, save for one poem he wrote in 2007 that they appear to misunderstand." Stewart also pointed out that in 2002, George W. Bush honored Johnny Cash, whose songs contain violent lyrics. Stewart further pointed out that Fox News itself offered positive coverage of Common's career in 2010, and that Sean Hannity, who criticized Common's White House invitation, is a friend of musician , who in clips played on The Daily Show, used violent rhetoric in comments he made about President Obama and Hillary Clinton. Common later discussed the matter with Stewart during a September 14, 2011 appearance on the program.
In September 2011, Common published his memoir, One Day It'll All Make Sense, through Atria Books. As the book details how his close relationship with his mother influenced his life, it is partially narrated by her.
Common used to be vegan, but is now a . In addition, he is a supporter of
and . He appeared in a print advertisement for PETA titled "Think Before You Eat".
Common is also part of the "Knowing Is Beautiful" movement, which supports HIV/AIDS awareness. He is featured in the video for "", a song in support of the candidacy of , which made its debut on the internet on February 2, 2008. Common has pledged to stop using
lyrics in his music.
Common is the founder of the Common Ground Foundation, a non-profit that seeks to empower underprivileged youth to be strong citizens and citizens of the world. The foundation includes programs dedicated to leadership development & empowerment, educational development, creative expression, as well as a book club. In 2014 Common Ground inaugurated the Aahh! Fest music festival in Chicago's Union Park.
Common has had romantic relationships with singer , actress , and tennis player , but as of July 2014 maintained that he was single.
Main articles:
Turner Lucas
The Gunsmith
Short film
Detective Collins
Scott McKnight
Uncle Vincent
Ali 70 from Las Vegas
Television film
Segment "The Pitch"
Agent Evans
Officer Jeff Porter
Documentary
Episode: "Take This Poem and Call Me in the Morning"
Episode: "Cabin Fever"
Mayor Howard
Episode: "Pilot"
Elam Ferguson
Mindy Project, The
Security guard
Episode: "Harry & Mindy"
Song or album
"" (with )
Best Music
"" (with )
Video of the Year
"Love of My Life (An Ode to Hip-Hop)"
Viewer's Choice
Best Collaboration
Best Male Hip-Hop Artist
Element Award – Lyricist of the Year
Hip-Hop Video of the Year
Lyricist of the Year
CD of the Year
Best Hip Hop Video
"The People"
Best Live Performance
MVP of the Year
Impact Track
Best Film Song
Georgia Film Critics Association
Best Original Song
"" (with )
Best Rap Solo Performance
Best Song Written for a Motion Picture/Television Movie
Best R&B Song
Best Urban/Alternative Performance
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
"They Say"
Best Rap Album
Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group
Best Rap Performance by Duo or Group
Best Rap Album
Finding Forever
Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group
Best Rap Album
Best Rap Album
"Blak Majik"
Best Original Song
Outstanding Duo or Group
Outstanding Song
Outstanding Music Video
Outstanding Music Video
Outstanding Male Artist
Breakthrough Video
MTV2 Award
Best Hip-Hop Video
Best Hip-Hop Video
Best Direction in a Video
Best Art Direction in a Video
Best R&B/Soul Single by a Duo or Group
Best Music Video
Reelest Video
"The Corner"
. okayplayer. October 11, .
. allmusic. March 28, 2000.
"". Universal Music Publishing Group.
Bazer, Mark (September 17, 2014).
(October 2014). Chicago magazine.
Zegel, Maureen (March 27, 2012). . .
Williams, Thomas Chatterton (May 11, 2011). . .
. . April 13, 2012.
Yarborough, Marti (June 27, 2005). . Jet.
Huey, Steve (July 31, 2007). . allmusic 2008.
. MSNBC. August 31, 2006.
". <. Retrieved .
Reid, Shaheem (April 19, 2006). "". MTV News. Retrieved .
. Nah Right. October 9, .
Horowitz, Steven J. (July 5, 2011). . HipHop DX 2011.
. IdioMag 2009.
. Rap Radar 2012.
. HipHopDx 2012.
Horowitz, Steven J.. HipHop DX. Retrieved on .
Smith, Bruce (September 8, 2013). . HipHop DX.
. . Retrieved February 17, 2014.
Kennedy, John (January 7, 2014). . .
Ortiz, Edwin (January 6, 2014). . .
. Firstshowing.net. November 17, .
. . May 7, .
. . November 6, .
. . April 23, 2015.
Neil Munro. .
. . May 2, .
. . accessed September 19, 2011.
Dirner, Cullen. . ABC News. May 11, 2011
Weprin, Alex. . TV Newser. May 12, 2011
"". . September 14, 2011. .
. . accessed September 11, 2011. On October 18, 2011, Common made a visit to Eastern Michigan University, along with speaking, he freestyled and engaged in a book signing for One Day It'll All Make Sense. It was epic.
. Look to the Stars. n.d 2010.
. . September 6, .
<. 09/05/:16 PM. Retrieved June 24, 2008.
. Common Ground Foundation. n.d 2011.
/ APDTA Research Department. .
Mark, Bazer (Sep 17, 2014).
(October 2014). Chicago magazine.
Gomez, Luis (September 26, 2011). . Chicago Tribune 2012.
. ESPN 2011.
. TMZ Sports 2015.
Dave McNary (April 22, 2015). .
Wikiquote has quotations related to:
Wikimedia Commons has media related to .
: Hidden categories:

我要回帖

更多关于 rapperstar 的文章

随机推荐